The Parent Teacher Association is an integral part of the Zanker Community. PTA Officers include a president, a vice president, a secretary, and a treasurer.
The PTA is a great way for you to know what is happening at school. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. We encourage all parents to get involved in this partnership between the home and school. Membership envelopes will be sent home at the beginning of the year, however, you can always stop by the front office for one. This year the PTA meetings will be held at 6pm in Room P-2. You can check out Zanker's main calendar to see the scheduled PTA meeting dates and upcoming event dates.
PTA Officers 2016-2017
President: Erin Magana
Vice President: Lokesh Krisnarajpet
Secretary: Sheylene Raj
Treasurer: Fritzi Borja
If you are on Facebook, please like our Zanker PTA Facebook page to keep updated on the goings-on at Zanker!
The PTA is a volunteer association. PTA members work together to promote the education and well being of all children and youth in the home, in the school and in the community. Members include:
• Health Welfare professionals
• Community members
Each local PTA belongs to the California State PTA, a branch of the National PTA. The goals of the National PTA are:
• To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship.
• To raise the standards of home life.
• To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
• To bring into close relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
• To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.